- Take Dallas to the next level
- Improve the vitality of our neighborhoods
- Maintain momentum in public safety
- Restore previously reduced services
Dallas is well positioned for growth; ready to move past many difficulties created by the previous economic downturn. Council, city staff, residents and community partners have helped propel the city to pre-recession levels in many economic categories.
We’ve seen record crime reduction, continued investment in the central business district and an expansion of parks and cultural amenities. As we look forward, positive changes in the City of Dallas will strengthen our ability to deliver services that impact resident’s quality of life.
The FY 2014-15 budget is balanced and reflects a fiscally responsible approach to address the challenges and leverage the opportunities that will improve the quality of life for Dallas citizens.
- Improve and revitalize the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
- Sustain crime rate reduction.
- Continue restoration of previously reduced key services and strengthen current services.
- Implement strategic changes within the organization
- Maintain improvements with the existing tax rate.
Below is a summary of all operating and capital funds in the City’s Adopted Budget:
Property tax values are up by 6.8% which represents $36M for the general fund. Property tax revenue is the single largest revenue source and accounts for 45% of General Fund revenue.