The City of Dallas is a sustainable community with a clean, healthy environment.
Other WNV initiatives:
- Distributed Four D‘s fliers to neighborhoods and DISD
- Treated swimming pools and storm water inlets
- Provided website information, FAQ‘s and videos
- Displayed billboards throughout the community
- Created public service announcements
- Offered free mosquito dunks to residents
In FY 2013-14, Dallas Animal Services (DAS) cared for 28,326 animals, and answered 48,333 calls for service. Live release rate for all animals was 47%, an increase of 5% over last fiscal year, and spay/neuter surgeries facilitated by DAS were 8,643, exceeding the goal for the year by more than 2,000 surgeries. Community outreach programs were enhanced with support from partnerships and grants, helping provide affordable spay/neuter and vaccination services to low income communities.